A week ago, my bestie turned 28. To commemorate the last year that we will celebrate her real age, we decided it would be a good idea to go out for dinner and dancing. And drinking. Greg was on board at first, then he decided that he didn’t want to go because he doesn’t really like to dance. Then, at the last-minute, he decided that he did want to go because he is always telling me how he is going to take me dancing and never does so that would be his chance.
I maintain that he wanted to spy on me but we will have to agree to disagree.
We started out the night at Steph’s house getting ready and having a little pre-party drink fest.
I’m not sure why it looks like you can see my bra because, I assure you, it wasn’t white. Maybe it’s just the weird shiny-ness of my shirt? Who knows.
We went to dinner at Addison’s where Stephanie & I both had the nachos bianco (freaking delicious) and Greg has some stinky salmon. I had a delicious Mediterranean Martini (all I remember about it was it had Blue Caraco and it was yum-o) and Greg had a margarita. We were nice & tipsy before we even got to the club but we had a designated driver so we were a-ok.
I really think it’s sort-of funny how I always ALWAYS mock girls who make the “duck face” when they are out. Yet, when I’ve been drinking, I think it will make the perfect picture. Although, we do look pretty cute . . .
I’m sorry. Were you hoping for more pictures? Oh that’s right! I left my purse in the car (one less thing to lose at the club) and forgot that my damn camera was in it! So I don’t have any more pictures but I can tell you a few things.
1) We had a damn good time, even if I can’t remember all of the details.
2) We ran into some of Greg’s friends from high school and “set up” a play date with our kids. I’m really not sure if anybody but me remembers that we agreed to do hat.
3) We didn’t get home until 3:30.
4) Every other dude that was supposed to either go with us or meet us there bailed so Greg was the only guy. Well, him and his good friend Captain Morgan. They had a chance to get re-aquainted Saturday night and they discovered that they are, in fact, still very good friends.
5) I danced until I thought my legs were going to explode.
6) I got so dehydrated I didn’t pee on Monday until 4pm and I drank two liters of water while I was at work that day.
7) I’m not proud of that last one but I feel like it’s important to overshare.
8) I nearly died at the gym Monday night. Apparently going on a drinking binge in the middle of training for a 5K is not such a great idea.
Happy birthday to my dear friend. It will probably take me a full year to recover. Just in time for repeat 28!