Toddler Talk Thursday was created as a place for moms and dads of toddlers to come together over a weekly topic and share ideas, go-to toys, or products. It is a great way to meet other bloggers of toddlers. Each week the topic will be different; we invite you to link up, share your weekly Toddler Talk!!
This week’s topic is : Games
- Smack the nearest adult and well “ow!” then run away (this is really more Adrianna’s game than Brock’s)
- peek-a-boo which is really funny when they play it together. Until Adrianna gets excited and smacks Brock in the face. She really has a problem.
- “chalk” (translation: drawing on everything that will sit still with sidewalk chalk)
- anything that has anything to do with playing outside. Seriously. Adrianna has started throwing a screaming fit if somebody goes outside and she is not included. This winter is going to be fun 😦
- “Adrianna monster”. The game in which Adrianna chases Brock around the house all the while both of them are squealing with delight when the touch/slam into each other & Brock yells at the top.of.his.lungs, “Aggggghhhhhh! It’s Adrianna monsser!” It’s really very cute but I’m pretty sure I’m suffering long-term hearing loss from all of the squealing.
- puzzles. Those kids love puzzles. Adrianna loves to eat the pieces more than anything else but still. Loves them.
Honestly, I’m so lucky because the kids are close enough in age where they are really beginning to entertain each other and they are so creative & imaginative it boggles my mind. Brock is definitely the leader (right now) and Adrianna just loves to hang out with her big brother. I’m so so so glad that we decided to put their beds in the same room so they can have a toy room. Even if I do spend about an hour each night picking up (even after I make them pick it up) all of their toys. It’s so worth it for them to have a room that they can just be kids in.