Yesterday I took Adrianna to the pediatrician’s office for her 15-month check up. She hadn’t been sleeping well but I thought she was cutting teeth & having lots of sinus drainage causing her to cough and wake herself up.
It has been a rough week, but I was hoping that once her molars broke through, life would get easier.
Here are the good things that we found out during her appointment:
- Her head circumference is the 90th percentile (which is what it has been since she was born) but I can’t remember the exact measurement.
- Her length was 31.5 inches which places her in 50th percentile.
- She weighs 21 pounds, 1 oz which puts her in the 25th percentile which makes sense because she is non-stop on the go and she is getting so dang loooooong.
Here are the not-so-good things that we found out during her appointment:
- She has a sinus infection
- She has a double-ear infection (probably as a result of the sinus infection)
- Her right eustachian tube is clogged
- She is cutting all 4 molars at once
- She got 4 shots
Oiy. She was not too thrilled with the doctor doing an exam and she clung to me for dear life during most of it. She has also decided that she HATES the nurse and proceeded to give her the stink-eye every time she saw her. This was before the shots.
Baby girl can hold a grudge.
So basically, we are entering familiar territory and I’m holding my breath because if they antibiotic drops (in addition to the oral antibiotics) that Adrianna is on don’t un-clog the tube, I’m afraid she is going to have to have surgery. Again.