I know that reflective, “thankful”-type posts are reserved for times of year like Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Year’s. But, I wouldn’t be me if I weren’t doing things all out-of-order.
Things that I am currently thankful for include:
- an amazing husband who is my partner in every sense of the word. We have been a couple for over a decade (wowza!) and we have both changed and grown so much since we were two love-struck teenagers. Luckily the one thing that hasn’t changed is our love and committment to each other. We might be polar opposites but we are a team.
- wonderful parents that I can’t even begin to thank enough for all that they have done for us. Loving, caring, supportive, encouraging, real. Everything that I could ever need or want in two people who brought me into this world. I love you both so much & I can never say thank-you enough.
- my baby sister. We don’t always see eye-to-eye but sisterly love is the love that binds us and we always find our way back to each other. You were my very first friend. The one that I shared a room with for years and would beg you to shut-up & sleep even though your internal clock wouldn’t allow it. You are the one that understands how wonderful our parents are and just how crazy our extended families are. You are the one that, even though we tease each other mercilessly, will always be my friend. No matter what.
- my kids. Even after one of the worst nights in the history of, well, ever (a few nights ago) you two are still the best parts of my day. I love you more than I could have ever imagined and I’m so lucky that you chose me to be your momma. You continually amaze me with how much you grow and learn. I love that you both still love to hug & kiss me and I will continue to take advantage of that long after you feel that it’s appropriate.
- my relationship with God. I don’t talk about it enough, that’s for sure. But sometimes when so many things are going south, I will sit and have a conversation with Him and I feel this overwhelming sense of calm wash over me. Whenever I feel like I’m in over my head or that the devil is about to get the best of me, I turn the situation over to Him and He always shows me what is best. I don’t go to church every Sunday, but really, that’s not what He’s about. We have a relationship and that’s what’s important.
- my bestie. She’s been my friend since we met in nursing school almost 6 years ago and I wouldn’t trade her for anything! She knows me so well and loves me anyway 😉 It’s so crazy to think that we’ve only known each other for 6 years because of how close we’ve become. If I didn’t already have a soul mate, I would seriously consider her for the spot. “God made us friends because He knew our parents couldn’t handle us as sisters”
- my job. I’m so incredibly thankful that I have a stable ::crosses fingers:: job in this shaky economy and that we are making it work so that Greg can go back to school full-time to pursue his dream. It isn’t always easy, but we have a fantastic support system and I have a steady paycheck that (mostly) pays the bills.
I’m not sure if it’s the (mostly) nice weather, the fact that it’s March and I know that spring is right around the corner or that my meds are finally kicking in, but I’m feeling all kinds of mushy & lovey today!