I’m not trying to be braggy and a total attention-whore but OHMYGOSHI’MSOEXCITED!!!!
Seven weeks into this weight-loss journey and I’m officially down 20 pounds.
20.1 to be exact and I’m THRILLED!!!!
Not that you asked, but I’m going to tell you what I’ve been doing.
- Still loving the My Fitness Pal app. It really helps to keep me on track and I have a few friends on there so we can encourage each other with every tenth of a pound lost, high-five for every exercise that we do and are there to kick some ace whenever we fall off the wagon. (If you are thinking of joining, do it! It’s FREE, there is an app for smart phones and I will be your friend so we can help each other out! mommastemme is my screen name in case you forgot. Which, obviously you didn’t.)
- Along with tracking calories with My Fitness Pal, I’m being more mindful of food choices. I swear, I’m not starving myself or only eating veggies but I have passed on some delicious treats at work lately. And, we went out to dinner last night with a couple of friends and I immediately asked for a to-go box for half of my food. It’s hard but it will be worth it.
- I’ve been drinking the It Works ProFit shakes for breakfast. And, let me just tell you about that.
I was a little leery about trying them at first because I’m über-sensitive to protein-y tasting things. But I decided that they were worth a shot and I’ve been hearing nothing but great things about them. I got both chocolate and vanilla knowing that you can cover most anything in chocolate and it’s edible.
It’s a proven fact.
I’ve been mixing one scoop of the chocolate ProFit, a handful of ice, 1/2-3/4 cup of vanilla almond milk, a splash of water (just to thin in out a bit), and 1 TBSP of Hershey’s chocolate syrup. All of that combined is under 300 calories and seriously? It tastes just like a Frosty from Wendy’s. And it keeps me full all morning.
Can I get an amen?!
For those non-chocolate people (do those people exist??), Greg prefers vanilla and this is what he usually puts in his every morning: 1 scoop of the vanilla ProFit, half of a peeled orange, a few strawberries, a banana, a handful of ice and water (no milk for the lactose-intolerance family members!). We’ve also put in pineapple and are going to try something with pears and peaches this week. This weekend, I also added Greens to his smoothies in the morning and he can’t even tell that they are in there! I’m so sneaky!
One of the best things about the vanilla ProFit is that you really can add anything you want to them. I made them for my mom & grandma with strawberries, apples, grapes, blueberries & water. I also think a spoonful of Greek Yogurt would be yummy! If you’ve tried other “recipes”, let me know! I’m always open to other yummy ideas!
- I’ve also been continuing with the Couch to 5K app. Let me just say this about running: I may never love it like some people do. But, I do love the feeling of accomplishment that I get when I’m done. I love that I can start to see a difference in how my clothes fit. And, I got new running shoes for Valentine’s Day so it’s that much more motivation to keep it up. I have had to repeat a few days (especially if I run 2 or more days in a row or if I’m particularly sore after a run) but tomorrow I’m getting ready to start Week 3, Day 1. Because I’ve been able to really stick with it, I’m going to sign up for a few 5Ks and am considering a half-marathon. Although, I thought it would be fun to save a half-marathon for my 30th birthday, or some other special occasion. And, since we are all friends here, I can be honest with you when I say that it might take me 17 months to prepare (both mentally and physically) for 13.1 miles.
- I’m still (as always) taking my It Works supplements. In the morning I take 2 scoops of Greens (in about an ounce of water), 2 Vitals, 1 New You (it helps with post-workout recovery), 2 ThermoFit (boosts my metabolism). I take fat fighters anytime I over-eat or if I indulge during the day. I take another ThermoFit at lunch (3/day gives you an extra 278 calories burned in a day!) and then I take 2 New You at bedtime (in addition to helping you recover from a workout, it also helps regulate your sleep cycle and improve memory function). And I’m wrapping about once every other week just to help keep my skin nice and firm so I don’t have lots of extra flab once I hit my goal weight. If anybody has any questions about any of our supplements, I would be more than happy to answer them!
- I also have a kick-ace husband who is doing this with me. Not that it can’t be done alone, but it makes a difference to me to have a partner in this journey. Even if my partner is a dude that loses weight faster than me so in the same amount of time, he has lost 30 pounds. Whatever. I mean, I’m not bitter or anything. It’s just really unfair that I have all of this extra
“baby” weightI-like-to-eat-weight and I have to work twice as hard as him to lose 10 pounds less. I’m fine with it.
So that’s it! I’m super-duper proud of ditching this 20 pounds in 7 weeks! And I can’t wait to see what comes in the next 7 weeks!
P.S. I’m not paid to give my opinion about My Fitness Pal. I just really really love them. However, if they want to send me some money, I wouldn’t turn it down.
P.P.S. I am an Independent Distributor for It Works! Global (the company behind the ProFit shakes and all of the other supplements that I discussed). However, everything that I said is 100% true and is 100% my opinion. They don’t know, nor did they ask me to write this post. I did it because I’m damn proud of my hard work and if what I’m doing will help somebody else, I’m all for it.