Even though we are 11 days into 2013 and I’m way behind the calendar, I decided to go ahead and write down some of my goals for 2013. I don’t like to call them resolutions because I feel too pressured to be perfect. One of the things on my list is to lose weight (duh) but I am not going to feel bad if I eat an Oatmeal Cream Pie every now and then because I love those little bastards and if I start to be too strict with myself and deny myself every indulgence, I will go cray-cray.
- Lose up to 50 pounds. This one is really more about being healthy but “Get healthy” isn’t a quantifiable goal. I could eat a carrot and “be healthy” for that moment but I want to “be healthy” on a more consistent basis. Yes 50 is a big number but, hey. I’m about to have a baby and have gained close to 35 pounds so most of that will just be getting me back to where I was pre-baby. The extra 15 can stand to go buh-bye as well.
- Run a 10K by my 30th birthday (which is July 14th)(which gives you 6 months and 3 days to buy me a gift). I got pretty decent at running 5Ks last year but feel like I need to challenge myself a little more. And I’ve heard that losing weight is hard after turning 30 so I want to give Mother Nature a roundhouse kick to the face regarding the aging process.
- Register and run a 5K every other month. I’m going to sign up for one on St. Patty’s Day and go from there. I’m not necessarily limiting myself to one every other month but I want to do one at least that often.
- Breastfeed Baby Boy at least 1 year. If it’s at all possible, I don’t want to supplement with formula at all. Brock and Adrianna have issues with allergies and if I can avoid any of those issues with this baby, I’m going to do everything I can to try. And? Breastfeeding is free and I’m cheap! Win-win!
- Pay off the rest of our credit cards (we are getting closer every month! Woot woot!) and both of our vehicles.
I’m sure there are a few other things that I’ve missed but those are the big ones for 2013. Do you make yearly resolutions/goals? Tell me all about it! I’m nosy and need something to keep my mind off of my due date that is looming!